Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for tutorials to be held in conjunction with the EuroSys’14 conference. The purpose of tutorials is to educate conference attendees about specific topics or to provide background necessary to understand technical advances. The tutorial should attract a wide audience, provide an introduction to the chosen research area and should also cover the most important related work in depth. Proposals should not be exclusively focused on the presenter’s own work or a commercial product.
Proposals should include:
- Title of the tutorial, contact information for the presenter(s) (name, email address, affiliation), duration (half day or full day), keywords, and scope or objective of the proposed tutorial.
- Characterization of the intended target audience for the tutorial, including prerequisite knowledge.
- A brief description of the tutorial, suitable for display on the conference Web site.
- A detailed outline of the tutorial addressing the following issues: references to past tutorials or teaching materials, why the topic is of interest for EuroSys’14 attendees, the expected benefit to participants, depth and scope of the exposed topics, exercises, software demonstrations, etc.
- A brief CV of the presenter, highlighting her/his background in the tutorial area and evidences of teaching experience (links to slides or videos from the presenter‚ previous lectures or talks are helpful, but not mandatory).
The evaluation of the proposal will take into account its general interest for EuroSys’14 attendees, the quality of the proposal, the expertise of the presenters, and general program considerations.
The EuroSys organization provides:
- Management of registration for participants
- Setup of meeting space and related equipment
- Coffee break arrangements
- Reproduction of the tutorial material
Tutorial speakers are responsible for:
- Providing tutorial material to the tutorial co-chairs 1 month prior to the tutorial
- Presenting the tutorial at EuroSys’14
The EuroSys’14 tutorial chairs reserve the right to cancel any tutorial if too few attendees are registered. Tutorial speakers will be honored by a free conference registration.
|Tutorial proposals due:||October 18, 2013|
|Acceptance notification:||October 25, 2013|
|Date of tutorials:||April 13, 2014|
Please send electronic submissions to the tutorial chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to also contact us with any questions regarding the EuroSys’14 tutorials.